Hi, I'm Kimberly Valde and my goal is to help you discover the joy and power of your authentic voice. If you're here I know you have something to express, a song deep in your soul that's yearning to be heard, a song only YOU can sing. I love the diversity and uniqueness of each of my clients and their voices, so, I don't have a pre-planned, cookie cutter program for you to follow. Our work together will be custom designed for your voice, your personality and your goals. My clients have included Tony and Barrymore nominees but they have also included a high school students, classical singers, a Buddhist monk, members of indy rock bands and jazz singers - to name a few.
I am a vocal coach with over 30 years of professional teaching experience but I am also an singing artist - like you! I, too, know the joys and challenges of being in the singing arena and I want to give you the tools to help bring your voice and your artistry to their fullest potential. Don't let technique problems or limiting beliefs hold you back - the world needs your voice!!
I look forward to hearing you!
YOU'RE STILL HERE? OK, here are the basics:
- My Bachelor of Music degree is from Simpson College (Home of the Des Moines Metro Opera Company)
- My Master of Music degree is from The Conservatory and School of Music in St. Louis
- My singing career has taken me from singing 16th century madrigals in the subways of Paris to singing under the baton of conductor, James Levine.
- I've performed theatre locally with NYMF, Bristol Riverside Theatre, Media Theatre Candlelight Theatre and The Ritz Theatre.
- Opera companies with which I've performed include The Opera Theatre of St. Louis, Des Moines Metro Opera Company and the Lake George Opera Festival.
- I'm a member of NYSTA (New York Singing Teachers Association)
- When I was 37 a virus attacked my vocal folds. I rehabilitated and now sing with partial paralysis in one of my vocal folds. I learned a great deal about the voice and how it really works during my recovery and I know FIRST HAND the challenges of a voice that isn't working to it's optimal potential.
- I have had and continue to have the privilege of working with some of the best master teachers in the world.
- My Kindergarten teacher was an opera singer - she made a BIG impression!
- Although my parents claim they don't know where my singing obsession came from, they played musical theatre recordings ALL the time. I think it was their form of babysitting me. They knew if they put on the recording of Hello Dolly! I would be fully occupied singing and dancing for the duration of the recording.
- Although I have been blessed to have my voice open doors for me and take me on journeys throughout the world, my greatest sense of fulfillment comes from watching my clients fulfill their dreams and goals.